Ron Lake is a professional fine art travel and landscape photographer specializing in large scale colorful images taken from around the world. Whether it be his stunning signature image of purple lavender rows leading up to the Abbaye de Senanque, or the exquisite Riva Classica vintage boat positioned in front of an incredible early morning view of Positano, Ron always strives to make a photograph from a unique angle of view to give the observer a true sense of being there…as if you can walk into the photo. Above all, it is still the early morning or late afternoon golden hour light magically beaming down on some place that Ron has never seen before that truly drives his passion for photography.
As an artist, Ron holds an M.F.A. in Fine Art Photography from Pratt Institute. Throughout his professional career, he has continuously looked for the cutting edge in technique and technology in order to fulfill his obsession with capturing incredible depth of field, detail and drama in his images. As Ron has expanded his European portfolios, the combination of a Hasselbad 503cx with a Leaf Mamiya Credo 40 Digital Back and the latest photographic printing capabilities have taken his images to a different level, especially with regard to size. He gets great fulfillment in seeing his photographs come to life on large metal and plexiglass surfaces mostly 30×40 and 40×60. His favorite client request is “Can you make it bigger?”
Ron is a sought out critic and instructor of photography, also combining his love for travel with education by leading travel photography workshops in Europe, New York City and New England. The workshop offerings can be seen on www.meetup.com under Westport Travel Photography, and www.ronlake.com. He currently resides in Westport, CT with his family.
Favorite awards, shows and accomplishments have included:
- Art of the Northeast – Abbaye de Senanque highlighted in the New York Times
- Spectra, The National Triennial in Photography 2004 – Award recipient for Verso la Ca’Solare
- Mystic Outdoor Art Festival 2005 – Grand Prize – Best in Show
- Crate & Barrel 2007 – National Distribution – Venetian Bridges Series
- Photoworks 09 – Juried by Malcolm Daniel Curator, Metropolitan Museum of Art NYC
- Thank You Connecticut 2014 – Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery – Featured Artist
- 2018- Finalist 68th Annual Art of the Northeast at the Silvermine Arts Center New Canaan, CT where he has recently been named a new guild member