Ron Lake is a professional fine art travel and landscape photographer specializing in large-scale, colorful images taken from around the world. Whether it be his stunning signature image of purple rows of lavender leading up to the Abbaye de Senanque, or the exquisite Riva Classica vintage boat positioned in front of an incredible early morning view of Positano, Ron always strives to make a photograph from a unique angle of view to give the observer a true sense of being there…as if you can walk right into the photo.
As an artist, Ron holds an M.F.A. in Fine Art Photography from Pratt Institute. Throughout his professional career, he has continuously looked for the cutting edge in technique and technology in order to fulfill his obsession with capturing incredible depth of field, detail, and drama in his images. Ron’s continuous expansion of his European portfolios came to an abrupt halt with the 2020 pandemic; however, when one door closes, another one opens. In August of 2020, Ron partnered with longtime colleague and friend, Loren Fisher, to open Focus – A Vermont Gallery in Woodstock, VT. Then and there, a new chapter began. Ron now spends time in Vermont each month running Focus and expanding his new Vermont portfolios, yet still resides with his family in Westport, CT.
Favorite awards, shows, and accomplishments have included:
- Art of the Northeast – Abbaye de Senanque highlighted in the New York Times
- Spectra, The National Triennial in Photography 2004 – Award recipient for Verso la Ca’Solare
- Mystic Outdoor Art Festival 2005 – Grand Prize – Best in Show
- Crate & Barrel 2007 – National Distribution – Venetian Bridges Series
- Photoworks 09 – Juried by Malcolm Daniel Curator, Metropolitan Museum of Art NYC
- Thank You Connecticut 2014 – Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery – Featured Artist
- 2018- Finalist 68th Annual Art of the Northeast at the Silvermine Arts Center New Canaan, CT where he has recently been named a new guild member